Agreements with Symphonic can be completed for non-U.S. based labels without completing a W-8 form, however if we do not receive a completed tax form we are required to deduct U.S. withholding tax at the full rate of 30% from all your payments. If you are based outside the U.S. and are not a U.S Citizen you must submit a valid U.S. Internal Revenue Service W-8 tax form to take advantage of any tax treaty rates. You should consult your in-house tax department or an outside tax advisor to determine which W-8 form you are required to complete.
Articles in this section
- International Tax Notice (English)
- Aviso Fiscal Internacional (Spanish)
- Are royalties subject to taxes?
- Do I need to submit my tax information to receive payment?
- Why does Symphonic require tax forms to be completed?
- Who else has these regulations and requires these forms?
- What Is An EIN?
- Do I need a EIN or ITIN?
- How do I apply for an EIN or TIN?
- What is a W8-BEN?