When getting ready to submit a release for approval following the suggested guidelines will increase your chances for a first time approval:
- Do plan to submit your release 3-4 weeks before the release date Click Here for More Information
(Also watch this video to understand why we recommend this).
- Do make sure the first letter of each word is capitalized for the tracks, titles and artists
“Let’s get this party started” (This is incorrect. Only the first word is capitalized)
- “Let’s Get This Party Started” (This is correct. The title is capitalized appropriately.)
- Do mark songs properly explicit if applicable. You could be penalized for not doing so. Click Here For More Information
- Do make sure your album art is a square 3000x3000 pixels image at high resolution meaning it looks crisp. View release cover standards here.
- Do double check everything before submitting to make sure all artists and track names are spelled correctly
- Make sure your audio is 44.1kHz 16-bit .flac or .wav format and ensure it is fully mastered. View this video in regards to why Mastering matters.
- Do not include Producer credits in any titles. If you would like them credited they must be listed as a primary or featuring artist.
- Do not put release time frames such as new release, exclusive, or out xx/xx or anything involving time frames on the artwork
- Do not use terms such as Album or Edited or Clean in the release title. Please mark the release Explicit if applicable or not.
- Do not put logos or names of other brands, streaming providers, retail outlets, or social media companies on the cover art i.e. iTunes, Spotify, Instagram, Facebook, Pandora, etc. Click Here for More Information
- Do not list featured artists as primary or at the release level, only as featured and on the song in which they are featured.
- Do not use images containing nudity or copyrighted works. Do not submit the first image you find on Google. Be unique with your release. Click Here for More Information
- *We also offer album art design services. Create A Ticket For A Quote