Below you will find the instructions on how to manage your artist profile and assets with each particular retailer.
Verify Your Label Account
For verifying a label account you can submit a request to Spotify here. If after a few weeks you do not hear back or are having issues with verification we advise you reach out on twitter to @SpotifyCares and provide them with information they request for verification.
Verify Artist/Band Account
The verified artist program is becoming a part of Spotify for Artists. All artists who have access to their Spotify for Artists profile will automatically get the verified check on their artist page. Fan Insights is now Spotify for Artists and they’ve integrated everything into one platform. You can also manage your profile through Spotify for Artists. Click here for simple instructions on how to do so.
If your album is incorrectly listed on another artist page or, you see an album credited to you that does not belong to you, please go to this article.
Beatport Artist Page
Every artist has the possibility of getting an artist page Beatport. The requirements are basic but very important. First, the photograph MUST BE a professional artist photograph 590×404 JPG and you can also include an artist bio as well. If these two requirements are met, and you have music being sold on Beatport, then you can visit this website to submit your artist picture. The same procedure must be done if you wish to change. Click here and update yours!
Beatport Label Page
Similarly to the Artist Page you can also have your label profile updated as well. In this case you will need your picture requirement of Tile Image (500×500.) If you are interested in updated yours click here!
iTunes & Apple Music
- You must have an account with Symphonic in order for us to change this image on your behalf
- Video-distribution-only clients will not be able to change their photo through Symphonic unless they distribute their audio content as well
- Banners are a curated service by Apple and are only available for mainstream artists
iTunes & Apple Music are separate services but share the same artist image. Artist Images have some requirements:
- You must first submit a release to iTunes/Apple Music via Symphonic with that artist as a primary artist
- Provide the UPC for the release you submitted to Apple via Symphonic
- Images must be .jpg files, square, 2400 x 2400 pixels, in the RGB color space, and at least 72 DPI. Do not upscale. Only upload images you can legally share worldwide are accepted
- Images must meet Apple's template guidelines which can be found here. This will require Photoshop editing and must be exported as JPG or PNG with no transparency
Once everything is ready, please create a ticket with the picture in the format specified as well as your artist name as it appears on iTunes and a UPC for a release they have released with Symphonic onto iTunes/Apple Music.
Note: (By uploading images you agree each image is lawful and you have cleared all necessary rights (such as publicity rights, copyrights, and trademarks) for worldwide use by Apple to display them in the iTunes Store and related materials, and deliver them to end users for display in iTunes and related software, in association with artist’s music)
Claiming your Apple Music Profile
1. Click on the “Learn more about Connect for artists” link then on “Get started“
2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
3. Click on the “+” sign for adding an artist and search for your artist name
4. Select your role (artist, band member, manager) and fill out the fields. If you don’t have a manager or label, just enter your own information for both.
5. Click “Submit”
6. You will soon receive an email confirmation.
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic and have distributed a video to VEVO with Symphonic for us to change this image!
Please send an email to email@example.com, attach your artist image & banner image, and also list your VEVO channel name and URL.
The artist image must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 5,000 x 5,000 pixels at 72dpi
- High quality (no signs of compression on the image)
- Centered with some space away from the edges
- This should be a photo of just the artist, it cannot have any text or logos on it and also cannot be album artwork
The banner image must meet these requirements:
- Must be 2560 x 1440 pixels and must fill the whole image
- Keep any text or logos within the “Text and Logo Safe area (1546x423)" specified in the template found here
You can follow the link here:
1. Have one of the following: a verified Twitter, Facebook or 1,000 followers on SoundCloud.
Google Play Music
If you’ve chosen to distribute on Google Play through Symphonic Distribution you can claim your store page for free, saving you the $25 fee for page creation.
* Visit http://play.google.com/artists
* Search for your artist page
* See it? Claim it for $0
* Not there? Make sure you’ve opted to distribute on Google Play
Artist Pages collects artist discography, bio, photos, links to website(s) + social media and related editorial. Artist info is supplied and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic for us to change this image!
Artist Images must be .jpg, .png or .jpeg files, square, a minimum of 500 x 500 pixels, in the RGB color space, and at least 72 DPI. There is a maximum size of 3MB per photo. Do not upscale. Only upload images you can legally share worldwide are accepted. To change your artist profile image, please create a ticket with the picture in the format specified as well as your artist name as it appears on Deezer and provide the UPC for a release you submitted to Deezer via Symphonic.
Deezer also allows you to change your artist banner image, the file must be 1800x230, a .jpg, .jpeg or .png file, under 6 MB, in the RGB color space, and at least 72 DPI.
If you change both the banner and profile picture only the banner will be displayed on desktop and the profile picture will appear in the search, if you only give us the profile picture the picture will appear on the artist page and the banner will be the cover of the last album.
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic for us to change this image!
Artist Images must be .jpg, .png or .jpeg files. The preferred format is 1080x720 with group members close together, alternatively a square image can be used at a minimum of 1500 x 1500 pixels. To change your artist profile image, please create a ticket with the picture in the format specified as well as your artist name as it appears on Tidal and provide the UPC for a release you submitted to Tidal via Symphonic.
You are able to instantly publish DJ Charts and update both Artist and Label pages directly from their Entity account label system.
An Entity Account is a self administration system which allows artists & labels to take control and manage their page biographies, press images and publish DJ Charts on the site.
To get access, you can request an entity account HERE
If you have a direct account, these functions are already available to you. You can perform the following functions for any artists or labels associated with your catalog:
- Instantly publish DJ charts to Traxsource
- Update artist page bios and images
- Update label page bios and logos
If you have any questions, hit up email@example.com.
Currently iTunes, Spotify, VEVO as well as a few other partners pull their biography information exclusively from AllMusic.
They have an editorial team that takes information provided to them and creates biographies that are then used by these partners on the associated artist pages. There is no guarantee that your submission to them will be used by their editorial team for the production of editorial content. Per AllMusic priority is determined by "current popularity, historical or artistic importance, and the needs of our data licensees.”
Submissions can be sent by email here using the music submission email. Alternatively a physical mail submission can be sent to the address provided.