Cleared Samples & Covers

If your track is a cover version of a song/lyric for which you are not the author you need obtain consent from the author(s) to use it, otherwise legal actions can be taken against you. There are services out there that make this process easy for you. One service for example is our partnership with Easy Song Licensing.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


  • This is incorrect for people in Australia, I've learnt about copyright here..

  • In Australia yes. However, If you try to distribute to other countries Australian law does not protect you overseas. You will still need permissions to distribute the material in other countries. 

  • Hi, i've spoke with a musician lawyer and your answer is incorrect, only US need a publishing permission for DRM use, so if during a release you exclude the United States from the territory list your release will be legally correct.

Article is closed for comments.